Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I Love the Dancefloor: AKA Just Wanna Dance


So I've had just about enough of the Seattle doom and gloom mentality. Rain might be inevitable but bad moods are definitely not!


Six Britney tracks leaked and I couldn't be more excited about "If U Seek Amy" which I'm predicting will be the third or fourth single and a HUGE smash hit. The controversial chorus is enough to assure me that B Spears is back on top (pun intended)...

Love Me / Hate Me /
Can't you see what I see? /
All of the boys and all of the girls /
Are begging to If You Seek Amy [Sounds like: F-U-C-K Me]

In other mainstream news, three more Kanye tracks have popped up, including my favorite, "So Amazing," which is, well... amazing. Whatever "Streetlights," "Coldest Winter," "Anyway," and "Tell Everybody That You Know" lack, "Heartless" and "So Amazing" seem to compensate for in spades. I'm still making up my mind about "Robocop." I hated it at first; the lyrics are utterly ridiculous and way too immature for the West I'm used to, but the beat is growing on me. The saving grace for "Love Lockdown" have been the zillion and one remixes that I've learned to love, especially T-Minus and LMFAO's reworkings of the track. 808's here we come - don't leave me in heartbreak...

Kanye West - Love Lockdown (LMFAO Remix) [mf]

Turing the radio dial more towards KEXP and farther away from KISS, how awesome has Ladytron been for my endorphin levels?! Witching Hour has me smitten and I highly recommend this one for purchase. I find myself simultaneously creeped out and comforted by such tracks as "CMYK," "International Deadline," and "Soft Power." And then of course there's the utter danceability of "Weekend" and "Destroy Everything You Touch." As for my personal seal of favortism, that's reserved for "The Last One Standing."

Merging away,
like we did yesterday
wrong direction
The traffic we'll know,
the traffic is slow and thoughtless
The wheel that is still,
on the concrete and green,
away home
And it is alone,
a division unknown,
a split decision

Climbing the floors,
and I'm not running
Through revolving doors,
and you're not driving
The barrier stands,
between your hands and me,
Sorry

You said I made,
you said you said I made,
a bad decision
Said I made a mistake
Fatal without the recognition
But how would we know,
know of that consequence,
had I forseen
Our California hates,
had I not been

Closing the doors,
and I am running
Past video stores,
and you are driving
A barrier stands,
between your hands and me,
Sorry

You have got to be the last one standing
You have got to be the last one standing
You have got to be the last one standing

Ladytron - The Last One Standing [mf]
Ladytron - Weekend [mf]

Seattle, you and your 360 days of darkness can't touch me today...

The "It Might Be Pouring But I'll Do a Rain Dance Anyway" Mixtape

The Kills - Getting Down [mf]
After seeing them play a set on Sundance Channel's Live from Abbey Road, I fell even harder for their very primal approach to rock and roll. One guy, one girl; basic beats & bass meet tortured lyrics.
LCD Soundsystem - On Repeat [mf]
Lady GaGa - Vanity (Bonus Track) [mf]
Kurupt ft. Nate Dogg - Gangsta Boogie [mf]
Digitalism - I Want I Want [mf]
David Bowie - Magic Dance [mf]
Yeah I went there, Labyrinth fans. If you're old enough to remember how awesomely eighties this movie is, you know this song is blockbuster gold.
Bloc Party - Flux (JFK Remix) [mf]
The Kinks - Everybody's Gonna Be Happy
MIA vs. Battles - Atlas Boyz (Diplo Remix) [mf]
Please Please snag! It's too crazygood to miss out on.
The Knux - Cappuccino [mf]
Kylie Mingoue - Heart Beat Rock (Benny Blanco Remix) [mf]
The Ramones - Let's Dance

Peace, Love, and Rain Dancing all over the Northwest,
LTK

No comments: