Friday, April 10, 2009

Come As You Are

This week (April 8th) marked the 15th Anniversary of Kurt Cobain's untimely death. It's hard to believe it was so long ago that the influential Nirvana frontman took his own life, leaving behind a wife, daughter, and promising career. I won't pretend to understand suicide, or get existential on y'all. I'll just put some classic Nevermind on and smell a little like teen spirit in Kurt's honor.

Nirvana - Come as You Are [mp3]
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Live) [mp3]

Nirvana - Rape Me [mp3]
Nirvana - The Man Who Sold the World [mp3]

Besides Nevermind, Nirvana's Unplugged in New York has to be my most coveted release from the guys. My dad hooked me on it. We still sing along to their pitch-perfect covers of Bowie and The Vaselines.


Take a few hours to put on old flannel, blame shit on your parents, and generally get your teenage angst on. Or you could go out and see About a Son, the documentary of Kurt's rollercoaster life. I highly recommend both.

No comments: