Monday, March 30, 2009

Some People Say Rappers are Invincible... We're Vincible

A new Flight of the Conchords track is available for free through an Amazon mp3 sampler! "Hurt Feelings" is an ode to rapper's misunderstood, sensitive side. And I couldn't be loving on it more. Even if you think musical comedy - much like the movie Memento - is never as good the second time around, you can still appreciate this one once. Besides, the impending doom of the series after only two seasons has a way of turning semi-rare stones into precious gems.


Have you ever been told your ass is too big?
Have you been asked if your hair is wig?
Have you ever been told you were mediocre in bed?
Have you ever been told you've got a weird shaped head?
Has your family forgotton you and driven away?
Once again, they forgot about J...
Have you ever been called homo cause in school you took drama?
Have you ever been told that you look like a llama?

Or my favorite...
It's my birthday
2003
Waiting for a call from my family
(Uncomfortable pause)
They forgot about me
...The day after my birthday is not my birthday mom

Now I need to go watch Sixteen Candles and listen to The Dynasty,
LtK

No comments: