Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ganja Babe

Do I miss TV or what? Seasons were way too short this year (thanks writers for demanding what you're entitled to and inconveniencing my entertainment schedule in the process) and thus, I'm hurting.

Michael Franti - Ganja Babe [ysi]
Uploaded June 25

The light in the dark is that Weeds Season 4 is scheduled to start June 16th. God bless premium channels. I am so pumped, despite the fact that I don't get Showtime. There's no way I can get through the week without knowing what's going down in my favorite-fake California community! Whose selling what stash to who? Is MILF weed making a comeback? Will U-Turn rise from the dead and make me laugh my ass off at all his one-liners? And most importantly, what bands did producers rope into covering Malvina Reynolds stab at 1950s gated communities, "Little Boxes" this season? Death Cab: Done Regina: Done. Jenny Lewis: Done. Elvis Costello: Done. Billy Bob Thornton: Done, and we're oh so sad he did.


There is of course the HUGE cliffhanger from the season three finale; Is Agrestic still standing after last seasons brushfire blowout? After (Spoiler Alert) Nancy went schizo and torched their house for "protection"? May I just add that those montage scenes paired with State Radio's "Keepsake" were music supervision perfection. Haunting vocals singing "I'm gonna put my family back together again" over Nancy trashing her own house made the entire spectacle not only believable, but heartfelt. Bravo you overpaid bastards. Bravo.

In anticipation of the new season, yet another soundtrack (Volume 3) has been released. Randy Newman's and The Shins' version of "Little Boxes" open and close the record, while fillers include Page France, Great Lake Swimmers, Beirut, and State Radio, among others. If you got it, milk it right? And this is one trilogy I won't be disappointed in - Pirates of the Caribbean, Spiderman, you know what you've done...

No comments: