Monday, February 4, 2008

Jump Under the Covers

OMG yes! Someone has finally been brave enough to cover Salt and Peppa's 1987 hit "Push it." I had only sampled The Rosebuds up until this point, dabbling in songs from Night of the Furies and Birds Make Good Neighbors, but now I can say I'm truly a fan. Whats not to love?

The Rosebuds - Push It (Salt-n-Peppa)


In addition to Hot Chips "Sexual Healing" (posted 2/2), other awesome covers this week include Franz Ferdinand's attempt at LCD's amazing hit "All My Friends," as well as gems from Xiu Xiu, My Morning Jacket, and Jesse Malin.

Franz Ferdinand - All My Friends (LCD Soundsystem)

Xiu Xiu - Under Pressure (Queen/David Bowie)

My Morning Jacket - Rocket Man (Elton John)

Jesse Malin - Questioningly (Ramones)

Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova (Once) - Into the Mystic (Van Morrison)


Eric Hutchinson (Loves him!) covers Whitney Housten


Eric does a Medley - A little Temptations, R Kels, and BEP

2 comments:

LoupDogg said...

Stereo total also has a cover of Push It, which is good

Lydia said...

Thanks! I totally have to look for that.