Monday, December 17, 2007

Did Steve Tell You That Perchance?

Why are people so flippin unfriendly during finals week? I understand the lack of sleep combined with hours of cramming can lead to a sour demeanor, but this is the beauty of college life on a daily basis. Some people must be over abusing their bitch pills or something - you know the ones you take when you need a creepy guy to leave you alone - cause the animosity on campus is more than I can handle. At least when I'm being mean I do so for a purpose; to make someone cry or lower their self-esteem so much said individual requires extensive therapy. I guess the reward of a mediocre score on a near meaningless test doesn't seem worth the sacrifice of a smile. Quit your bitching people, before I send your ass to a community college graduate who charges 300 bucks per session.

In happier news I have completed all my pre-Christmas shopping for the fam bam! This includes amazing concert tix for my brother (Wu Tang at the Showbox), tv series/dvds for my parents as well as gift certificates to their regular haunts. To finish this early is a monumental feat for LTK - unprecedented in its grandeur. And in honor of this great accomplishment I bought myself a little somethin somethin special: the first season of Flight of the Conchords. Steve told me to Jemaine!

Flight of the Conchords - Hiphopopotomus vs. Rhymenoceros

The Case of the Mondays Mixtape is lacking severely in originality this week, as I don't have too much time or sanity to spare during hell week. Because the random beauties of life really inspired me these past days, I put the old ipod on shuffle and uploaded the first fifteen tracks to surface. Enjoy a peak into my private collection, and while you're at it perform a random act of kindness. Life's too short to be a bitch. In the spirit of J Christ, Pagan Tradition, or Lotkes go out and do something great today.

Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros - Coma Girl

The Rolling Stones - Undercover of the Night

Michelle Tumes - Lovely (Remix)

The Clash - The Card Cheat

Ben Kweller - On My Way

Queens of the Stone Age - Long Slow Goodbye

Spoon - Tasty Fish

The Beatles - Lady Madonna

Maritime - Birds of Ireland

The Pigeon Detectives - I Found Out

Mirah - Engine Heart

The Damnwells - Shes the NYC Skyline

The View - Street Lights

A Tribe Called Quest - Find a Way

Bike. Hot Chocolate. Ultraviolet light. Just trying to keep the randomness going.

No comments: